The better way to save lives, time, and costs
Specific’s novel family of products utilize volatile-responsive printed sensors to detect and identify microorganisms, and rapidly determine antibiotic susceptibility.
- Phenotypic MIC in 4 hours
- Directly from positive blood culture samples (or isolate dilutions)
- Clinically validated (ECCMID 2018 report pending)
- Simple, low cost disposable
- Modular expandable instrument: throughput 10-20/day
- ID obtained during AST, within the same instrument
- Low-cost disposable, sample prep just a simple dilution.
- 5-hour result, directly from positive blood culture
- Hands-free ID based on species-specific pattern of emitted volatiles